September 3, 2018
The American Dental Association recommends everyone over the age of 2 visits their dentist twice a year for a cleaning and checkup. Despite this advice, a Gallup poll found one-third of adults do not schedule an appointment every year. Often, it is thought teeth brushing at home is enough to keep oral health issues at bay, like tooth decay and gum disease. Although your oral hygiene habits are important, they are not enough. Both your dentist and your insurance company encourage you to visit your dentist every 6 months.
March 23, 2017
When it comes to your dental health, you need to practice proper oral hygiene and maintain semi-annual appointments with your dentist. However, many people delay preventive care because they are concerned about the cost of services. At Smile Care Family Dentistry, we understand your concern. We strive to make dental care more accessible and affordable, which is why we are proud to be an Aetna Dental dentist in Virginia Beach. As an in-network dentist, we will help keep your out-of-pocket costs to a minimum while maximizing your dental benefits.
December 16, 2016
You take great pride in caring for your teeth and your children’s smiles to ensure they last a lifetime. You encourage proper oral hygiene habits and make sure your family visits the dentist twice a year. But, is your family using sportsguards? If not, your family’s teeth are at risk for serious and potentially irreversible damage. Athletic mouthguards are a vital piece of protection for anyone participating in sports, just as a helmet is critical for football players. As your dentist, we provide the custom-made sportsguard in Virginia Beach every member of your family needs to stay protected.
July 29, 2016
Visiting the dentist every six months is only one part of a good dental health routine. Are you wondering how you can maintain your oral health between your twice annual checkup and cleaning with the Virginia Beach dentist? Dr. Javeed at Smile Care Family Dentistry has some important tips.
February 18, 2015
You work hard every day to ensure that your family is happy and healthy. At Smile Care Family Dentistry, we see it as our duty to keep every smile in your family safe from common oral health concerns, including cavities, injuries, gum disease, and more. With our extensive range of family dentistry services, Dr. Asra Javeed and our entire team keep the smiles of Virginia Beach, VA families looking and feeling their best.
Your Trusted 23452 Family Dentist at Smile Care Family Dentistry
December 24, 2014
When was your last dental checkup? If you can’t remember your last dental appointment, you could be unnecessarily endangering your health. Avoiding routine dental care allows harmful bacteria and decay to take root in your teeth and gums. Home oral hygiene can’t replace the benefits of professional dental cleanings or screenings. Dental diseases can often begin and spread without any warning signs. Therefore it’s imperative that you visit a dentist every six months to maintain good oral health. You can make your general and family dentistry checkup appointment with Smile Care Family Dentistry today. Smile Care Family Dentistry offers quality dental care to protect your long term health and wellbeing. The highly qualified dentist of Smile Care Family Dentistry proudly serve families daily throughout Virginia Beach, VA, Norfolk, Chesapeake, and the surrounding communities.
Six Reasons to Make Your General and Family Dentistry Appointment Today
- Prevent Gum Disease: Gum disease is caused by the accumulation of plaque and tarter. Only a professional dental cleaning can fully remove these deposits and prevent the development of the gum disease Gingivitis.
- Stop Tooth Decay: Sometimes tooth decay isn’t obvious. Even if you have no pain or sensitivity, you could still have dental cavities, which left untreated will eventually cause tooth aches and dental abscess. During your checkup, our dentists will be able to spot these troubled areas early, and treat them before they become an issue.
- Oral Cancer Screening: Oral cancer can be fatal if caught in the later stages of development. You can protect your health by visiting a dentist regularly and receiving a routine oral cancer screening. The chance of a positive treatment outcome is dramatically increased for patients who catch the disease early.
- Strengthen and Protect Teeth: Smile Care Family Dentistry can provide tooth strengthening dental sealants and fluoride treatments to protect your family’s teeth from future decay.
- Keep Teeth Bright: Regular dental cleanings can help you fight off tooth discoloration and staining.
- Avoid Bad Breath: The removal of plaque and tarter will also rid your mouth of odor causing bacteria and the substances that harbor it inside your mouth.
Make a dental checkup appointment with Smile Care Family Dentistry today. Smile Care Family Dentistry offers quality preventive dental care to patients of all ages. Smile Care Family Dentistry is the leading general and family dentistry of Virginia Beach, proudly serving families daily throughout Virginia Beach, VA, Norfolk, Chesapeake, and nearby areas.