Porcelain Veneers – Virginia Beach, VA
Transform Your Smile with Porcelain Veneers!
If you want to change the way your smile looks because of stained, chipped, cracked, or misaligned teeth, you may benefit from treatment with porcelain veneers in Virginia Beach, VA. Made from thin pieces of high-quality dental porcelain, veneers are designed to hide cosmetic imperfections and create beautiful, natural-looking results. Dr. Javeed has the solution you need to get the smile of your dreams.
Why Choose Smile Care Family Dentistry
for Porcelain Veneers?
- Personalized Treatment Designed to Meet Your Unique Needs
- Preview Your Results with Digital Imaging Technology
- Compassionate, Caring Dentist & Team
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin shells bonded to the front surfaces of your teeth to instantly improve their color, size, shape, and proportion. They provide a minimally invasive solution to achieve natural-looking results that last.
Different Types of Porcelain Veneers
After an initial consultation, Dr. Javeed creates a customized treatment plan tailored to your needs and your preferences.
Traditional Porcelain Veneers
Traditional porcelain veneers are among the most preferred solution because they are thinner than those made from other materials; however, they are durable to last for several years. Since they are made from porcelain, they closely mimic enamel to create natural-looking results.
What is the Process Like?
You can often achieve your new smile in as little as two appointments. After ensuring you are a candidate for the treatment, your cosmetic dentist, Dr. Javeed, cleans and prepares your teeth. This involves removing a small amount of enamel. Digital impressions of your mouth are taken to craft your new veneers. It can take the dental lab a couple of weeks to create them with precision, so temporary ones are attached in the meantime. After your porcelain veneers are ready, you return to our dental office to have them bonded to your teeth.
The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
When compared to veneers made from other materials, porcelain allows you to enjoy several benefits that are not possible with other treatments, such as:
- Maintain more of your tooth’s structure during the bonding process.
- Minimally invasive.
- Natural-looking results.
- Creates drastic change to improve cosmetic concerns.
- Fast results.
- Can correct several issues at once.
- Long-term solution.
How Can Porcelain Veneers Transform Your Smile?
Veneers are very versatile, allowing them to resolve several cosmetic concerns, like dark tooth discoloration that will not respond to traditional whitening treatments. Veneers are ideal for fixing chipped, cracked, shorter than average, or abnormally shaped teeth. In some cases, they can even be used as an alternative to braces to make the teeth appear straighter or to close gaps. With the right aftercare, they can last an average of 10 years before needing to be replaced.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Although veneers can provide a mountain of benefits for your pearly whites, it’s still important to learn about the overall cost of the treatment before going forward. Firstly, you’ll want to avoid any surprises when it comes to paying your bill. Secondly, these porcelain layers aren’t the only option for improving your smile. During your initial consultation, our team will assess your oral health and then walk you through your cosmetic treatment options so that you can compare them with the cost of veneers. We’ll also discuss your financing options that can help make your procedure more manageable.
Cost vs. Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Best for Me?
The most common changes people want in their smile involve improving the shape, size, and/or color of their teeth. As the most comprehensive cosmetic treatment, veneers can provide incredible results that can last a long time. However, you should still look into the other options we offer, as they come with unique purposes and price points. Here’s what you can expect from these treatments and how they measure up to veneers:
- Teeth whitening – As one of the most popular and cost-effective methods for creating a dream smile, professional teeth whitening can effectively brighten your grin by several shades. This treatment only takes a couple of weeks to complete and you can enjoy the results for up to a couple of years with proper care. However, this method will only affect the color and not the shape or size of your teeth like veneers.
- Invisalign – If you’ve always wanted a straighter smile, then Invisalign may be the ideal solution for you. Not only is it quicker on average compared to traditional braces, but you’ll be free to show off your pearly whites and enjoy your favorite meals during the process. This treatment won’t change the size, shape, or color of your teeth like veneers can, but they’ll help you achieve a straighter and healthier smile in the long term.
- Dental bonding – Similar to veneers, dental bonding can use composite resin to address most minor dental flaws. In a single appointment, we can improve your smile by fixing imperfections like chips, cracks, stains, and gaps. That said, you’ll likely need touchups after several years, whereas veneers can last 15+ years before needing replacements.
- Veneers – While veneers are considered a major investment, their comprehensive results make them incredibly worthwhile. In just two appointments, you can achieve your dream smile by completely redesigning the size, shape, and color of your teeth.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Since veneers come with a higher value, you’ll want to know how you can make this treatment work within your budget. While they aren’t typically covered by dental insurance, it doesn’t mean you’ll be out of options. Our team is proud to offer plans through CareCredit which can help split your overall treatment cost into monthly installments that come with little to no interest. This means you’ll be able to afford to upgrade your pearly whites with veneers without emptying your wallet! Feel free to call us if you have any questions about financing, and we’ll be happy to walk you through your options.